03 May, 2006

Green Fingers

In recent years, when this nomad has come to rest for a spell, I have discovered I LOVE gardening. I think I must have come by this honestly from my grandmother, who always had a huge farm garden full of vegetables, flowers to cut, and lilac bushes. My mother was also a very good gardener.

Where we presently live, we have a small strip of raised garden across the back of yard. I have started a few perennials, a few of which have survived our winter. This year I am trying some wild flowers from seed ... I would love an English garden full of colours from flowers of all shapes and sizes.

I have discovered Alan Creech's wife, Liz, has started a gardening blog, doing things the organic way. Even though she is in Lexington, Kentucky, I have learnt a lot from her already.
See http://alancreech.com/lizard/gardenescapades

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find gardening so therapeutic! Makes me wonder how Adam and Eve could have given up Eden.